Each operand (addition, subtraction, multiplication or division) can be set to Off or one of several modes. If a mode other than off is chosen, new options appear to control that mode.
- Off: disables this operator
- Facts: all problems shown will include the selected numbers
- Families: common families of problems that result in the same answer, for example all addition problems that result in an answer of 10.
- Random: problems will be chosen using pre-set criteria that control the maximum value of problem components and answers
- Special: problems will be randomly chosen but will be constrained to a pattern which varies by operator:
- Addition/Subtraction: Doubles, Doubles Plus One, Doubles Plus Two, Time (12-based) and Money (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 based)
- Multiplication/Division: Square/square roots, Weeks (7-based), Months (12-based)
Answer Only/Mixed: Switch between the missing part of the problem being the answer, or any random part. For example in Answer Only mode a problem would read "1 + 2 = ?", while in Mixed mode the same problem could be either "1 + 2 = ?", "? + 2 = 3", or "1 + ? = 3"
Other Settings (below the four operand settings))
- Adjust the round length or turn rounds off.
- Allow a second chance. When this is enabled you will be allowed to try again if you get a problem wrong.
- Review correct answer. When this is enabled the correct answer will be shown after answering incorrectly.
- Enable or disable sound effects (these also respect the device volume and silent settings.